Showing the single result
Heaven Opens : The Trinitarian Mysticism Of Adrienne Von Speyr$59.00Add to cart
Chronology Of Adrienne Von Speyr
1. Encountering Adrienne Von Speyr
2. Trinitarian Mysticism As An Opening Of Heaven
3. Trinitarian Mysticism In The Drama Of Redemption
4. Original Image Of The Immanent Trinity
5. Love Theology Of The Immanent Trinity
6. Obedience And Mission
7. The Son’s Mission Of Obedience
8. The Holy Spirit’s Mission Of Obedience
9. The Trinitarian Origin Of The Sacraments
10. The Trinitarian Origin Of Prayer
11. “Lift High Your Heads, O Gates”
Adrienne von Speyr was one of the most important mystical theologians of the last century. However, her work has been eclipsed in many ways by her personal connection to Hans Urs von Balthasar. Heaven Opens provides one of the first comprehensive accounts of von Speyr’s theology.
Matthew Lewis Sutton argues that the eternal, immanent relations of the Triune God ground the mystical theological vision of von Speyr. Here, von Speyr’s work is for the first time given an independent hearing, expositing its content, features, and connections, and assessing its contribution to contemporary Catholic theology.