Showing all 4 results
Sustainable Childrens Ministry$22.00Add to cart
1. From Chaos To Clarity: What’s So Different About Sustainable Children’s Ministry?
2. The Workhorse Syndrome: Moving Beyond A Do-It-Yourself Ministry
3. Beyond Goldfish And Bubble Machines: A Different Way Of Doing Children’s Ministry
4. Measuring Up: Knowing What It Takes
5. Building Your Ministry With Simple Machines: The Essential Systems For A Sustainable Children’s Ministry
6. From Pearls To A Necklace: Putting The Pieces Together
7. Seeing What Others Can’t-Yet: Clarifying Your Vision
8. The Delegation Dance: Building Your Ministry Partners
9. Beyond Rotation: Building Your Dream Team
10. Beyond The Victim: Swimming In The Deep Waters Of Church Politics
11. Children’s Ministry Is Family Ministry: A Recipe For Turning Parents Into Partners
12. More Than Planning: The Essential Systems Of Chaos Management
13. Your Ministry Marathon: Preparing Yourself To Go The Distance
14. Finding Your Bounce: The Inside Secret Of Sustainable Children’s Ministry
Appendix A: Communication Plan
Appendix B: Sample Goals And Benchmarks
Appendix C: Sample Values Statements
Appendix D: Core Competencies Samples
Appendix E: Resources For Parents
Appendix F: Preventative Maintenance Calendar
Appendix G: Systems Checklist
Appendix H: For Reflection And Discussion
Are you a children’s ministry leader on the edge of burnout? Do you find yourself working harder and harder to tame the chaos?
Mark DeVries and Annette Safstrom know how you feel. Flash and fizz can be effective at attracting young families, but without sustainable systems beneath the unforgettable moments, the impact is almost always short-lived. In this practical resource, you’ll learn how to recruit volunteers, partner with parents, navigate politics, and care for your own soul instead of frantically scrambling to do it all yourself. Sustainable Children’s Ministry will help you build a ministry foundation that will still be standing long after you are gone.
Sustainable Young Adult Ministry$22.00Add to cart
Young adult ministry scares us.
Young adults seem like the elusive Holy Grail demographic in Christian ministry. We often treat them like another species, with an inscrutable culture all their own. To have a thriving ministry to young adults, we’re told, we’ll need to be up-to-date on all the latest trends. We’ll need to change up our worship style. We’ll need to make programs. But what if young adult ministry isn’t actually as enigmatic as we’ve been led to believe? What if it actually looks an awful lot like . . . faithful Christian ministry? Scott Pontier and Mark DeVries know firsthand the challenges of young adult ministry. In Sustainable Young Adult Ministry, they explore six common mistakes churches make in their efforts to reach this demographic–mistakes they themselves have made–and offer six paradoxes that upend our presuppositions and return us to a simpler, more biblical ministry model. Full of practical advice and complete with a wealth of additional resources, this book offers a fresh perspective on young adult ministry that is grounded in long ministry experience and in the timeless gospel of Jesus.
Sustainable Youth Ministry$22.00Add to cart
One of the big problems in youth ministry is the constant turnover of youth ministers. Mark DeVries addresses the problem with a systematic answer: churches need to take corporate responsibility for establishing a vision and structure for effective ministry, rather than leaving it all up to the youth minister.
Family Based Youth Ministry (Revised)$26.00Add to cart
Disappointed with the results from the glitzy programs and entertaining activities you’ve used with your church’s young people? Try Mark DeVries’s newly revised Family-Based Youth Ministry for a multigenerational approach that takes seriously the job of discipling teens and building mature believers. You’ll learn how to involve not just the nuclear family but the entire church body, from singles to seniors. Includes a bonus curriculum for youth and adults.