Showing the single result
Pocket Dictionary Of Biblical Studies$14.00Add to cart
So many words about the Word. The study of anything seems to generate its own special vocabulary, and biblical studies is no different. What’s more, it’s got nearly a two-thousand-year lead on you! How can you catch up? Here is the answer!
If you are puzzled by parataxis or rankled by recensions, the Pocket Dictionary of Biblical Studies is the companion you need. Whether you are studying Old Testament or New Testament or both at once, this little book is your private tutor, your ever-ready guide to over three hundred biblical-studies terms. Here’s your glossary for reading course textbooks, your decoder for listening to lectures, your review sheet for cramming for finals and your “help” key for writing research papers.
Among the more than 300 terms defined you’ll discover:
* types of biblical criticism, from genre criticism to tradition criticism
* Greek and Latin terms, from agrapha to vaticinium ex eventu
* German terms, from Fruhkatholizismus to Wissenschaft
* ancient texts, from Aleppo Codex to Zadokite Document
* literary features, from acrostic to woe oracle
* theories, from the Augustinian hypothesis to the Yahwist source
* textual criticism terms, from codex to Western text
Written by Arthur G. Patzia and Anthony J. Petrotta, two biblical studies professors who know what you need to know, Pocket Dictionary of Biblical Studies will be your essential guide into a fascinating world of understanding.